Little Lottie: Face of the Month

Friday 24 April 2015

Face of the Month


Hello beauties. I've been really switching up my makeup base lately between mineral foundations and mixing my own tinted moisturisers but I think I've finally settled on my everyday face for this time of year.

I wanted to keep things as sheer as possible because the sun has been out and the 'melted cake face look' isn't a good one! No matter what base I've worn, my trusty Lily Lolo Mineral Concealer is the perfect partner in crime. (read my review of the concealer here) 

Step 1 // Moisturise
To create a dewy base I've been moisturising with Jojaba Oil, this was too heavy for my skin at first and made me oily but using a couple of drops, rubbing it in my hands then gently patting it on seems to do the trick.



Step 2 // Prime
Priming with Aloe Vera Gel is so easy, it minimises pores and absorbs into the skin so quickly which makes a perfect smooth base.

Step 3 // Base
I've fallen back in love with my Body Shop Tea Tree BB Cream. The coverage is better than most and it benefits the skin whilst it's on.

Step 4 // Conceal
A mineral concealer gives great coverage and lasts all day, it saves having to use powder to set makeup and is great for a 'soft focus' look, especially under the eyes. I find Lily Lolo has slightly more coverage and better shade choices than Bare Minerals, it's also much cheaper! I apply it with the Eco Tools Concealer Brush.

Step 5 // Minimal eye makeup
For my spring/summer eyes I have been saving a lot of time by just using my FAVOURITE ever mascara, Maybeline The Great Lash in Very Black on the top lashes only, with a clear mascara on the bottom to separate. Sometimes I leave it at that but might add a small line of eyeliner on the outer corner to create the illusion of thicker lashes. The Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Liner is my current favourite.



Step 6 // Bold lips 
Because there is no colour on the eyes or cheeks this is the perfect time to whip out those bold lippies. Although Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 08 is quite safe I am totally in love with it. I wanted a Kylie Jenner colour without going to Mac (as they test on animals.) The lipstick really does last and seems to leave a slight stain on my lips without wearing off completely until I take my makeup off.





The look is so quick and simple, just what I need in the mornings before a full day in the office. All the products are fairly natural and allow my skin to breath during the day.

A selfie of the finished look

Leave a comment with your favourite look.
Little Lottie
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment