Little Lottie: Remembering to take a break...

Friday 23 January 2015

Remembering to take a break...

Last weekend Nick and I went to Devon (about an hour away) for a weekend break. This was an amazing Christmas present from my mum and I have been so excited since opening the secret envelope under the tree.

Everyone has moments when life gets overwhelming, having anxiety means this happens for me often, don't get me wrong I love my job and my life but the stress and anxious feelings seem to build and creep up on me without me realising. This luscious weekend away really enabled me to strip away any negative feelings and really relax, it has made me realise how important it is to just take some time out once in a while and stop going at 100 miles an hour.


We stayed on The Hoe which is a coastal area of Plymouth City. On Saturday morning we walked into the City centre and did a spot of shopping, I'm really enjoying H&M lately and finally bought a pair of jeans, I have been searching for the perfect pair for 6 months!

The view from the hotel
We went to The Americano Coffee House for lunch which we have never been to thinking it was just coffee, but oh no, this place is brilliant! They have such a big food menu including burgers, salads, grills, sandwiches and not to mention the best flavours of hot drinks EVER! I went for a Ferrero Rocher Hot Chocolate but there was chocolate orange, Oreo, strawberry cream and pretty much everything you can think of. I had a sweet chili chicken ciabatta which they really generously filled and the sauce was incredible!


We strolled back to the hotel at 3 to check in and see our room, we were on the 7th floor and had a gorgeous view of the city and country fields behind it. The gym and pool were free to use and we couldn't resist so did an hour workout, I mainly used the treadmills and tried to do fat burning cardio exercises, getting in the pool afterwards was lovely and a relaxing swim was the perfect cool down, not to mention the steam room and sauna.

After a shower and spruce up we had dinner in the penthouse restaurant, the food was incredible and Nick was very jealous of my roasted pork with bacon, leek mash, roasted carrot and apple sauce. Being too stuffed for dessert we sat in the bar and enjoyed a few drinks before heading to bed and watching a film.



The next morning I had a naughty cooked breakfast and soon felt like I needed to use the gym again so I've been enjoying going for runs and using my 10 minute cardio app.


We are looking at local hotels that have a gym and pool which we can use at the weekends to make sure there is just a small section of the week reserved for relaxing.

What do you do to take time out?
Little Lottie XO

No comments:

Post a Comment