Little Lottie: Wondrous oils!

Thursday 30 October 2014

Wondrous oils!


On my discovery of natural skincare oils seemed to pop up everywhere, after years of brands selling OIL FREE everything they are now including nut and other oils in as many products as they can. I like to go straight to the source and have experimented with a lot of different types but found a use for all of them.

If you want a bargain multi tasker oils are the best thing for it and here are a few of my favourites...

Coconut oil - Holland and Barrett

The most recent beauty oil craze has of course been Coconut oil, you can truly use this for anything from a healthier frying option to a teeth whitener. I personally find coconut oil to heavy for my hair so often do an overnight treatment and wash out with plenty of shampoo for an intense conditioning treatment. My favourite use for the oil is as a body moisturiser, it feels amazing and nourishes skin for days. A big jar has lasted me a year and it's definitely a purse friendly product. Ensure your coconut oil is cold pressed as heat destroys the beneficial properties. 

Castor Oil - Holland and Barrett 

Next in popularity has to be castor oil, famous for being a great massage oil and a key member in the oil cleansing method castor oil has made a pretty big impact on acne sufferers. The oil actually dries the skin so mixing it with other cleansing oils is the best option to help heal any blemishes. I use castor oil in face masks with an ultra moisturising oil like coconut to nourish the skin.


Jojaba Oil - eBay

Jojaba oil has been reported to help problematic skin as it has the same sebum type oil that out skin naturally produces however it can sometimes have the opposite affect and cause brekouts which is what I suffered with after prolonged use so jojaba oil is now my everyday hair conditioner. Every night I run some of this luxurious oil through my tips for an overnight hair fix.


Organic Pumpkin seed oil - eBay 

This is an odd one and is only really popular for cooking with however this rich green oil is my favourite cleanser to date! It contains so many vitamins that my skin is drinking up and I use it morning and night for a one step cleanse! Easy peasy. I use a Muslim cloth or hot flannel to remove any residue.

I hope I've inspired you to consider oil and a friend not a foe with my extensive collection.

Leave a comment of your favourite oil or natural beauty product! 
Little Lottie xo


No comments:

Post a Comment