Little Lottie: Weekend of Sunshine

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Weekend of Sunshine


Here in Cornwall we don't get much sunshine but lately it's been splendid! Reaching highs of 24 degrees we are looking forward to a warmer summer, fingers crossed it will be gorgeous for my birthday next week. 

The weekend is a precious time as its the only time off work nick and I have so we like to adventure and make the most of it. This weekend was one of the hottest and to kick start it on Saturday we went to a gorgeous tea room around 10 miles away from me, I can't tell you the name as they don't want to advertise but I can tell you they had gorgeous horses and delicious food! 


We ate bacon and runny egg in a granary bap with a gorgeous salad on the side. Ever since my first visit to the tea room last summer I have added fruit to my salads, I have a sweet tooth and it definitely makes them more enjoyable! 
Don't forget the chocolate and clotted cream milkshake for afters! 

After filling up on all things yummy I drove Nick and my sister down to the shores of Falmouth and we did a short 2 mile walk along the coast to the neighbouring beach. The views were stunning and I'm so lucky to have this on my doorstep. 


To work off our mammoth lunch we played badminton and headed to Nick's family's house to watch Frozen! It was my first time seeing the film (I know, late as always.) The occasional 'Do you wanna build a snowman' has the tendency to slip out whilst I'm working. 

Sunday cranked up the heat and Cornwall reached 26 degrees which is hotter than Cyprus when I was there last month! To cool down nick and I filled up the childhood paddling pool that my family dug out of the loft to donate to charity, we were 'testing it out'. It may be small but we had fun with water fights and foil boat racing, the thrilling life I lead. 


The weekend always goes by too quickly and now I'm back at my desk for another week. What do you do at the weekend?

Little Lottie xo



No comments:

Post a Comment