Little Lottie: My Skincare Routine

Monday 9 June 2014

My Skincare Routine

Morning –  

Usually starts a little something like this...



7.30am

Once I have awoken from my beauty slumber (violently shut up my alarm clock) I pull back whatever the night has done to my hair using Primark’s kink free hairbands £1 and slip on a hairband.
I apply a small helping of Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser £26 as it’s gentle enough to use in the mornings, (I have tried the ‘cleanse free morning’ method and my skin didn’t enjoy the lack of clean-ness.) After a brief steaming with a muslin cloth I splash some cold water over my face to close the pores, pat dry with a fluffy pink towel and grab cotton wool.
I commence with the whole tone and moisturise shebang by using Simple’s Kind to Skin Soothing Toner £2.99 on a small ball of cotton wool. Usually applying this just to my T-Zone I turn the cotton around to the dry side and wipe again to speed up the process. I love this toner, it’s alcohol free and is rumored to be loved by Made In Chelsea’s Lucy Watson (one look at her skin is enough to make me purchase bottles of the stuff.)
I moisturise with a small amount of Faith in Nature Replenishing Moisturiser £6.39, it’s quite a thick formula so I rub it between my hands and pat it all over my face to avoid being oily during the day. I've been using this twice a day for a couple of weeks now and it’s not breaking me out or clogging my pores, result! The smell is a bit funky which is the norm for organic/natural products but is worth withstanding for the benefits.
Before applying my makeup (read my everyday makeup routine here) I like to gently pat on some Boots Simply Sensitive Eye Cream £3.49 to the outer corners of my eyes to give a dewy, ‘I woke up like this’ base to my concealer.    
Evening-

6.00pm

After a full day in makeup I’m always eager to remove it, there is nothing I love more than taking off all the slap, tying my hair back and slipping into a cosy dressing gown after a day in the office.  
To do this I soak a cotton wool pad in Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water £4.99 to remove the majority of my makeup and follow up with my Clinique Take the Day off Cleansing Balm £21. (To read my review on this and Liz Earle click here.) I’m really enjoying using the two cream/balm cleansers as they are much gentler for my sensitive skin than foaming alternatives. The Clinique really does help remove the last of any makeup and melts from a balm into luscious oil.

I then apply my toner and moisturiser but follow by dabbing some coconut oil to my lips and eye area for an overnight moisture zap.

I’m really happy with the products that are currently in my routine however they aren't doing much to fight my blemishes so I’m open to any suggestions. 

Little Lottie xo



No comments:

Post a Comment