Little Lottie: A trick for girls who can't use eyeshadow

Tuesday 17 June 2014

A trick for girls who can't use eyeshadow

I personally think every time I put eyeshadow on it looks like I've been hit pretty hard in the face, not a good look on a 5’ 2” delicate flower like myself. Okay so I don’t have the best brushes or MAC shades but I can’t force myself to splash on something I don’t enjoy. On others the smoky eye or electric colours look divine, especially Tanya Burr but I just can’t seem to make it work! If you are like me and want something a bit different to eyeliner on your eyes for once I have come across a tip that is great for the ‘barely there’ shaded eye look.

The secret is… Bronzer. Stop me now if this is common knowledge but if you own a bronzer it should match your skin tone pretty well and provide the perfect brown contouring shade, so why not use it in your crease! 
To match my pale skin tone my current favourite bronzer is the EtudeHouse Corset Bronzer in 04 Light Shading (perfect eye shadow name, right?)
I tried to keep the look minimal and natural but it can be easily built up if desired.

Start by using your usual pressed powder or a nude eyeshadow; pack this onto the lid to disguise any darkness using your fingers or brush. The best part is you don’t need to be too precise as the colour should match you perfectly. Then simply take a fluffy crease brush (here I used my Ted Baker eye brush) and generously blend the bronzer through the crease and the outer corners of the eyes for subtle shading. Carry this on under the eye or use brown eyeliner if preferred, keep layering the bronzer for a smoky eye or leave it here like I did for a natural look.
No7 Translucent Loose Powder
Complete with lashings of mascara, (I used my all-time favourite Maybelline Great Lash) and a swish of eyeliner. I then finished it off with my No7 High Shine Lip Crayon in Delicate Pink and some CliniqueMoisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser in 02 Ivory.
This look has changed my perception on eyeliner and I am attempting more adventurous shades in the future, but let’s keep it simple for now.

If you have any tips leave a comment! Don’t forget to follow for more!
Little Lottie xo








No comments:

Post a Comment