Little Lottie: Heatless Curls

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Heatless Curls

I was recently invited to a posh event with work which was really exciting but I knew it was going to be a long day and hard work before the lavish affair in the evening so had to choose a sensible hairstyle.
Whilst usually sporting a straight hairstyle I like to wear curls on special occasions and friends actually thought I'd got my hair done professionally after creating this look so I'm going to explain it the best I can as it saved me so much time compared to a curling iron. 

Here I my step by step guide to stunning curls using no heat!

You will need an elastic hair band like this;


1. Using the hair band scrape your hair back keeping the hairband relatively close to the front of your head.

2. Next grab a peice of hair from the front (the size depends on how big or small you want the curl) and pull the hairband away from your head so you can see a gap.

3. Pull the piece of hair through the gap from behind the hole. You are essentially wrapping your hair around the band and it should look like this.


4. Repeat the process slowly grabbing more hair every time you twist so that you have one chunk of hair wrapping around the hairband.
You should eventually start to run out of hair to twist.

5. When you have wrapped your locks around the band pin the band for good measure. You should end up with a hairband of your own hair like this.

6. You should leave your damp tresses wrapped around the band overnight for best results, I always pop on a hair wrap to keep my pillows dry and curls in tact. Silk would be best for this but my wrap is from Primark.

You should end up looking so sexy in a hair wrap
When you wake up carefully pull the hairband from your hair (some gentle unraveling is recommended) 

At this point your hair is a little wild so I give mine a light comb with my fingers and let the curls drop whilst getting changed and doing my makeup.

Here I have finished it off with a small spritz of hairspray and some clips to create a formal look.


I hope you can re-create this look and save tonnes of time in the mornings. Comment if you have re-created the look or have any curling tips, don't forget to follow!




No comments:

Post a Comment